Seattle has iconic landmarks like the Museum of Pop Culture, Saint James Cathedral and the Space Needle. But did you know Seattle is also an excellent place for candy lovers? It is home to various candy shops and stores that offer a wide range of sweet treats for people of all ages. From chocolate bars and gummy bears to unique artisanal candies made by local confectioners, Seattle has something for every taste and preference.
So, starting a candy store and attaining cardboard shipping tubes is an excellent idea. According to Statista, in 2021, candy sales in convenience stores amounted to 25 thousand of US dollars. The boxes are a great way to elevate your customer experience and earn profits. So, here are some key factors to consider when choosing them for your store.
Size and Shape: The first thing you need to consider is the size and shape. You want your boxes to be big enough to hold your products securely but not so big that you’re wasting materials or paying extra for shipping. Consider the dimensions of your most popular products and choose a box that will fit them comfortably. If you offer a variety of products in different sizes and shapes, you may need to choose multiple box sizes to accommodate everything.
Material: You need to consider the material they will be made from. There are several options to choose from, including:
- Corrugated cardboard: This is the most common material for shipping boxes. It’s lightweight, durable, and can be recycled.
- Cardstock: This is a thinner, more lightweight option than corrugated cardboard. It’s best for shipping smaller items that don’t need as much protection.
- Plastic: This durable option protects your products from moisture and damage. However, it’s not as eco-friendly as cardboard options.
- Biodegradable materials: If you’re concerned about the environmental impact of your shipping boxes, consider using biodegradable materials like bamboo, hemp, or cornstarch.
Design: The design is what will set them apart from generic boxes and make them a recognizable part of your brand. Consider the following design elements:
- Color: Choose colors that match your brand or product packaging. Bold colors and eye-catching designs can make your boxes stand out in a sea of plain brown boxes.
- Logo: Include your logo on the box to reinforce your branding and make your boxes instantly recognizable.
- Messaging: Consider adding messaging or a tagline that reinforces your brand’s values or unique selling proposition.
- Graphics: Consider adding graphics or illustrations that tie in with your candy store’s aesthetic or product offerings.
Printing Method: Once you’ve settled on a design, you must choose a printing method for them. The two main options are:
- Flexography: This is a popular printing method for corrugated cardboard boxes. It’s a cost-effective option for large quantities, but the quality can vary.
- Digital printing: This newer printing method allows for more flexibility in design and smaller print runs. It’s a good option for smaller businesses or those who want more control over their design.
Quantity and Cost: You’ll need to consider how many boxes you need and how much they’ll cost. Most manufacturers have minimum order quantities, so order enough to meet your needs. Keep in mind that the more you order, the lower the per-box cost will be. However, you don’t want to order more than you need and waste money.
Some manufacturers may offer lower prices upfront, but their boxes may be lower quality or have additional fees for design or setup. Ensure you get a quote that includes all costs associated with them.
In conclusion, choosing custom shipping boxes in Seattle, WA, for your candy store can greatly enhance your branding and customer experience. Before choosing, consider size, material, design, printing method, quantity, and cost. With the right ones, you can make a lasting impression on your customers and protect your products during shipping, ensuring they arrive in perfect condition.